Catawba, North Carolina Internet Marketing Ads
Twisted Tulip Boutique: Fashion and Clothing: Dresses, Shoes, Womens Clothing and Accessories | Search Internet-Marketing-Ads.com
North Carolina | Charlotte NC | Denver NC | Raleigh NC | Albemarle, North Carolina | Alexander County, North Carolina | Anson County NC | Belmont NC | Boger City NC | Brookford NC | Burke County NC | Cabarrus County NC | Cary NC | Catawba NC | Catawba_County NC | Catawba Springs Township NC | Chapel Hill NC | Charlotte NC | Claremont NC | Claremont NC | Concord NC | Conover NC | Cornelius NC | Crouse, NC | Denver NC | Durham NC | Gaston_County NC | Gastonia NC | Greensboro NC | Harrisburg NC | Hickory NC | High Point NC | HuntersvilleNC | Indian Trail NC | Iredell_County NC | Iron Station NC | Kannapolis NC | Kings Mountain NC | Lake Norman NC | Laurel Hill NC | Lincoln County NC | Long View NC | Lowesville NC | Maiden NC | Matthews NC | Mecklenburg County NC | Mint Hill NC | Monroe NC | Mooresville NC | Mount Holly NC | Newton NC | Highway 16 NC | Highway 73 NC | Highway 150 NC | Raleigh NC | Rowan County NC | Salisbury NC | Shelby NC | Stallings NC | Stanly County NC | Statesville NC | Toluca NC | Union County NC | Vale NC | Waxhaw NC | Weddington NC | Westport NC | Winston Salem NC| 888 | Jump to navigation Jump to search
Catawba, North Carolina
Location of Catawba, North Carolina
|Coordinates: 35°42′35″N 81°4′33″W / 35.70972°N 81.07583°WCoordinates: 35°42′35″N 81°4′33″W / 35.70972°N 81.07583°W|
|• Total||4.0 sq mi (10.3 km2)|
|• Land||3.9 sq mi (10.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.08 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||886 ft (270 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||150/sq mi (59/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1019559|
Catawba is a town in Catawba County, North Carolina, United States. The population was 603 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Hickory–Lenoir–Morganton Metropolitan Statistical Area. As with the county, the name recalls the Catawba people, the indigenous people who once inhabited the area.
The Catawba Historic District, Alexander Moore Farm, Murray's Mill Historic District, and Powell–Trollinger Lime Kilns are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Catawba is located on the northeastern border of Catawba County at
North Carolina Highway 10 passes through the center of the town, leading north 2.5 miles (4.0 km) to Exit 138 on Interstate 40 and southwest 10 miles (16 km) to Newton. U.S. Route 70 crosses NC 10 north of the center of Catawba and leads east 12 miles (19 km) to Statesville and west 16 miles (26 km) to Hickory.
According to the United States Census Bureau, Catawba has a total area of 4.0 square miles (10.3 km2), of which 3.9 square miles (10.2 km2) is land and 0.08 square miles (0.2 km2), or 1.60%, is water.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2010, there were 604 people, 270 households, and 208 families residing in the town. The population density was 262.6 people per square mile (117.7/km²). There were 285 housing units at an average density of 124.7 per square mile (48.1/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 65.90% White, 30.37% African American, 1.00% Asian, 2.15% from other races, and 0.57% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 5.59% of the population.
There were 270 households out of which 25.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 55.6% were married couples living together, 17.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 22.6% were non-families. 18.5% of all households were made up of individuals and 8.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.59 and the average family size was 2.93.
In the town, the population was spread out with 22.9% under the age of 18, 7.6% from 18 to 24, 29.4% from 25 to 44, 22.6% from 45 to 64, and 17.5% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 38 years. For every 100 females, there were 83.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 83.0 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $42,031, and the median income for a family was $42,083. Males had a median income of $33,750 versus $21,645 for females. The per capita income for the town was $20,933. About 8.2% of families and 9.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 12.6% of those under age 18 and 16.4% of those age 65 or over.
Notable peopleIMads NC]
- Shane Burton, former NFL player, attended Bandys High School
- Justin Harper, former NFL player for the Baltimore Ravens, attended Bandys High School
- Bryan Harvey, former MLB pitcher and 2x All-Star (1991, 1993)
- Bobby Isaac, 1970 NASCAR Cup Series champion
- Bobby Lutz, former head basketball coach at UNC-Charlotte
- Jeremy Mayfield, former NASCAR driver
- ^ Jump up to: a b "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017..
- ^ Jump up to: a b "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ Jump up to: a b "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Catawba town, North Carolina". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 26, 2014.
- ^ "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. July 9, 2010.
- ^ "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- ^ "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Archived from the original on April 26, 2015. Retrieved June 4, 2015.